Samsung is a widely used company. It has introduced many smartphones and smart TVs with exciting and innovative features. One of their most famous electronic is smart TVs. Nowadays, everyone uses Samsung TVs in their house due to their latest and unique features and the larger HD screen, which is a cherry on top. People also face some little problems while using smart TVs, and one of them is they can’t stop devices from connecting to their TV, or maybe they need to learn how to stop the devices. You can stop the devices by using these methods. The answer to your query is that you can stop devices from connecting to your Samsung TV.
Using permission way
Well, before connecting any device to your TV, a notification is shown. Deny all the devices from connecting to your TV. Do not allow connection from unknown devices you can not control or know about. This is the very 1st tip you can use to handle the problem. It is beneficial for you that your screen is protected from other devices.
By Secure network way
Secure your network by changing settings. You can only change the settings to one network, or the TV and connecting device have the same internet access. It will prevent the other devices from connecting to your TV, which is not already connected to your WIFI. This is the 2nd tip to tackle the problem of stopping your Samsung TV from connecting with other devices, Luke PC or another android phone.
In the case of already connected devices
For the devices which had already connected to your TV and are unknown to you, remove them from the list, and secure your connection. This is the 3rd tip.
These are three fundamental tips to stop your TV from unknown connections. You can use these methods to make your data protected.
Methods along with steps
These are also some methods and steps you can follow to stop devices from connecting to your TV. See Below;
Method of Bluetooth
This is the 1st method. Turn off the Bluetooth feature from your TV so no connections are popping up on your TV. But some people need to learn how to turn off Bluetooth on TV. Follow the steps below;
- Go to the “settings” on your Samsung TV.
- Scroll down in settings, and there you will see “Wireless Connections.”
- Open Wireless Connections.
- In wireless connections, you will see select “Select Bluetooth Devices.”
- Turn off the “Bluetooth” from there.
- In spite, you can use the upper bars option to turn off your Bluetooth. Because going to the settings mind be a time-consuming way for you.
Nearby sharing checkout
However, the connection request from you is your phone always pops up on your TV when the “Nearby Sharing” in your phone is turned on. Follow the steps below to turn off the nearby sharing;
- Slide down from the top of your phone to open the quick panel.
- There you will see a feature called “Nearby Sharing.”
- Long press on Nearby Sharing to access its settings.
- In Nearby sharing settings, you will see device visibility.
- Click on “Device Visibility.”
- Set it on “Hidden.”
- Then click on “Save” to save the changes.
Isolate your TV to a separate connection
This is a method that is more commonly used. But you can use it to stop the other devices from connecting. If you have a dual-band router, you can use the method very quickly, as some routers also allow you to set up a guest network. Follow the steps below;
- Use two separate routers to have different connections.
- If you have a dual-band router, you can make a guest network to build the 2nd
- You can use a third-party network to manage the connections.
By using “External Device Manager
The Samsung TV comes with a feature of “External Device Manager .”It manages to control the TV from connecting to other devices. You can use this feature by following the steps below;
- Go to the “Settings” on your TV.
- Select “General.”
- Choose “External Device Manager.”
- In the external device e manager, choose “Device Connection Manager.”
- Choose “Device List.”
- You can choose the devices you want to connect and remove other devices you don’t know about or don’t want your TV to be connected with.
The external device manager will cut off the undesired connection from your Samsung TV.
To summarize, you can stop your Samsung TV from being attacked by other devices. You can use the methods mentioned earlier to make this sure. Moreover, you can use different software to prevent your mobile TV from being attacked by other devices. The other devices can steal your data and information too. So, prevent this thing from being safe and protected.